Saturday, April 17, 2010

C - Cheaters Never Prosper....Or Do They?

To my dearest Eat to Live,

EtL, I know we've only been together for about a week...but I haven't been totally honest with you. I've been keeping something from you since Friday night and it's seriously KILLING me inside. You've only been in my life for a little while, but you've made me into such a better person. You've been eternally good to me, putting up with my bloated bitchiness, all the loud cursing in the kitchen, and telling me I looked great even though I know I totally botched the makeup on that one massive zit which gave me a third eye. It makes saying this to you so much harder....

I cheated.

I am so, so, so sorry! I just couldn't help it!! I was at Dana's art show with M and everyone was just letting loose and, you know, having a good time....

And there he was... just standing there looking at me. He's been around. You know the one. He didn't have a 6-pack like the rest of them, but you can't miss those blue eyes anywhere.


And I swear, it was only once! It wasn't even a double, even though Dana was TOTALLY egging me on. So you see, it wasn't entirely my fault!! I have friends who are enablers!!!

But I want you to know that you're still the one I want. EtL, you're my guy. I'm still in this all the way and I want to make it work.

Will you forgive me?

Lamb who lost her way,
C


***

Okay folks, so as you just discovered, I screwed up. Although technically alcohol is vegan, the Eat to Live regime doesn't allow alcohol in the first 6 weeks. For those of you who thought I cheated big time, relax. No one caught me at Denny's inhaling half a plate of bacon.

But yes, I was at an art show with my friends, and yes, there was a little open bar involved. I fell victim to my Achille's heel: a straight up gin and tonic with lime. To be quite frank I've never gone to an art show and not had a drink there. Let's face it, some art work is just screaming for you to get intoxicated, or you just won't survive. (Just for clarification, my friend Dana's work is wonderful and does not fall under this category, not by a long shot).

I'm back on the wagon though after that little indiscretion. It's barely been a week and I'm already feeling a lot of benefits from this diet. I could have sworn that I was borderline hypoglycaemic, as I seem to be extremely sensitive to fluctuating blood sugar levels. I used to have full-on sugar crashes complete with headaches and nausea. Since starting EtL however, my diet's been chocked full of fibre and I've felt good the whole week, even after drinking coffee (which is usually my danger zone because of the amount of sweetener I put in).

Speaking of coffee, I want to give full cred to my friend Deirdre who directed me towards Silk soy coffee creamer. I used it for the first time today in my coffee, along with some agave nectar, and honestly, it wasn't that much different from my regular cup. Granted, I had to use weaker coffee because the soy doesn't have that much fat to cut the bitterness, but it passed the ultimate test. Chris took a sip and she didn't gag or spew.

Well anyway, that's where I'm at. It's day 6 and I've lost 2.5 pounds. And this is what I had for dinner tonight: Orange-glazed Tofu on Baby Bok Choy, with a side of Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes. I hope you enjoy the photos as much as I enjoyed eating the food!

Until next time,

xoxo C









3 comments:

  1. Yumo! Looks delish :)

    altho your mad photography skills doesn't hurt either! My camera is still borrowed, so no pictures until later

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?? no pictures??! but you just gotta have pics or no one will believe us....!!! Wanna borrow my camera? Or better yet...go get yours back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tofu was yummy.

    However, just from observing Carla's meals...sometimes it's all about the accessories.

    Chopped green onions/parsley/cilantro or slivers of colourful veggies make boring looking dishes more appealling and gives them a wow factor.

    Whatever it takes to eat vegan...keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete